Re: Kernel Dump when accessing second drive

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:26:09 -0700 (PDT)

:It still crashed, but I'm not sure it is taking the command.
:# natacontrol mode ad6 PIO4
:current mode = SATA150
:Is that correct for it to still report SATA150?

    The UDMA/PIO stuff might not be adjustable if its a SATA controller
    emulating an IDE controller.

    I think what is happening here is the NATA driver is detaching the
    drive and destroying the related dev structures before it finishes
    cleaning out any pending I/O's, so then when it tries to ad_done()
    the request it winds up blowing through dead structures.

    There must be some error messages reported in the console output
    that we haven't seen yet.  You can try:

    dmesg -N kern.0 -M vmcore.0

    And see if any other messages above the 'ad6: FAILURE' message are