Re: HEADS UP - major structure size changes in HEAD

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

    I pushed another rev to the lwkt_token code which makes the
    structure larger and thus effects many major structures in the
    kernel.

    People tracking master should do another full kernel + modules build.

    I am going to start tying in the new global tokens this week.  I may
    be able to do the whole thing but if not the rules for tying in the
    tokens are pretty easy... every global procedure that needs a
    particular token simply acquires it unconditionally for the duration
    of the procedure.  I have optimized the code paths dealing with
    recursive tokens to reduce overhead significantly so extra recursive
    acquisitions and releases do not cost us much in terms of efficiency.

    I'll solicit additional help once I've determined that my methodology
    is sound.  I think I can get the VM path completely locked up this
    weekend.  These are still global tokens but we will at least be making
    progress.

					<dillon@backplane.com>