Call for testing

From: "Samuel J. Greear" <sjg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:02:52 -0600

As a result of Google Summer of Code I now have a branch where the
entire select/poll/kevent subsystem has been unified into kevent. It
has already been fairly well tested on i386/SMP, but it would be nice
to give it a good shaking out before it hits master. Nothing special
is required to test, and the modified code is so pervasive that even
booting the system multi-user is providing testing. Anything is
helpful, running X, running benchmarks that stress the network or pipe
subsystems and use them in a non-blocking manner, etc. Especially
helpful would be anyone who has a device listed on
and can report success or failure. Performance regressions, slowness
or "weirdness" are legitimately reportable as well, as long as you can
provide a reasonable description or steps to reproduce. There is
currently 1 known panic when unmounting a remote smbfs share.

The branch is available from my leaf repository:
git://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sjg/dragonfly.git -- branch "selwakeup"