Re: About network drivers and dragonfly logo

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:17:00 -0400

On Fri, October 15, 2010 12:32 pm, Pratyush Kshirsagar wrote:

> I tried installing DragonFly as a sole system on two laptops.
> One has atheros (wifi) and broadcom (wired) devices while the other
> laptop has the broadcom (wifi) and marvell-yukon (wired) devices.
> First of all the devices are not shown if we do ifconfig. Secondly for
> discovery and to load library we tried making changes to the
> loader.conf and rc.conf.
> But, our tries did not yield us the result. So, better if you guys
> have tried something similar.

Did you load the ath(4) driver?

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=ath&section=ANY

I don't know which atheros chipset you have, but that's my best guess.

> Second -
> I am just writing some pages related to the project I did and
> Dragonfly. Some How-To , etc stuff.
> So, can I use the info to describe proportional RSS and can I use
> dragonfly logo (a small one).
> I know its very privileged but I need the permission.
> Also, we are reading about virtio, if you get more info do append it
> in the followup.

You can certainly use the logo.  If this is for a published paper, and it
ends up online, mention it on the lists.  I'm sure people would be
interested, and we could link it with the other papers on the DragonFly
site.