Re: pkgsrc and 2.8

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:34:33 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
If we are going to do this, NOW is the time. Comments?

comments: "yay!"

as much as I was *against* git to start with for big projects -
I am now a convert - it kind of formalizes all of the traditional
'patches floating around' unix culture -
and you can still centralize an 'official repo'

one problem I see - what happens if the git pull craps out out again?

I suppose we can just checkout the patches & re-apply -
as they are transient and longer term not important really..