Re: HyperThreading

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:12:23 +0100

Saman Barghi schrieb:
I wanted to know if DragonFlyBSD supports Hyper threading or not. I did some benchmarking recently and it seems that on a Xeon dual core with 2 virtual cpu per core, DFBSD only scale to 2 threads and after that the number of transactions/second dorps (using sysbench oltp). So does that mean DFBSD does not support Hyperthreading !? If that is the case, I need to perform the benchmarks on a different machine without hyper threading. Please kindly advise.

Simple question first: Did you install a SMP Kernel?

Jan