about virtio driver porting from FreeBSD

From: Stéphanie Ouillon <stephanie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:26:45 +0100

Hello,

I've read the posts on the DragonFly BSD Digest site about virtio, but I have some questions about it.

A virtual network driver was ported from NetBSD, using some FreeBSD code that wasn't supposed to be public under a BSD license. So for the moment, the code that is published on gitorious (http://gitorious.org/virtio-drivers/virtio-drivers/trees/master) can't be used at all ? Can somebody tell me more about that ?
Thanks !

Regards,

Stéphanie