Re: A question on gsoc2011 schedule and how the mentoring works.

From: Alex Hornung <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:39:14 +0100

On 29/03/11 07:02, Nohhyun Park wrote:
> Hi.
>  I am a student hoping to work on the "Implement ARC algorithm
> extension for the vnode free list" project.

Have you given this some thought? ARC is a patented algorithm and I'm
not sure it's the greatest idea to implement[1], knowingly, a patented
algorithm.

I think you should discuss your thoughts here on this list more before
putting your application forward. Maybe someone else can provide some
other algorithm with similar performance to ARC, yet not patent encumbered.

Kind Regards,
Alex Hornung

[1]: http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/96.php