Re: GSOC: LVM Mirror

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:16:50 +0200

On 4/28/2011 8:37 AM, Adam Hoka wrote:

Now that my project was selected for GSOC, I would like to introduce

I'm Adam Hoka, currently a NetBSD developer, but I am also intrested in
Dragonfly BSD. In NetBSD I work or worked on pkgsrc, i18n (multibyte support
in some of the core utils) and lately some ARM drivers and implementing
a flash/NAND subsystem. I also work with a team who develops a file system
for flash device support in NetBSD. I also have a long unused MirBSD
commit bit if that matters to anyone. :-)

My project is to design and implement a mirror target for LVM.
Basically, this is a generic RAID 1 implementation, which as far
as I know very desired by Dragonfly users. One of the strict goals
is to provide a reliable way to rebuild a de-synced RAID volume,
and provide as much as fault tolerancy as possible.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me!

Thank you very much, and I hope I can be a useful member of the
Dragonfly BSD community. Cheers!

Hi Adam,
Congratulations on getting your proposal accepted, and welcome to DragonFly! Good luck and success with this useful project this summer!