Re: Allowing SYSV shared memory to allocated more than 2GB

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:59:56 +0200

Am 30.04.2011 13:39, schrieb Jan Lentfer:
What isn't clear to Sascha and me: Do we need to bump the libc version
because of this? Opinions please.

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~lentferj/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/fa192ede950cd73380c8a257eea983831d3b97fe

I deinstalled my self compiled version of PostgreSQL 9.0.4 and installed 9.0.2 from binary packages (dragonfly-2.9). It works without problem it seems. So at least for PostgreSQL there seems to be no need to recompile, which is a strong pointer for me we not need to bump libc version (at least from pkgsrc pov).

Jan