Re: booting with usb keyboard hangs system

From: "Sascha Wildner" <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:09:25 +0200

On Thu, 12 May 2011 09:00:11 +0200, Babu Chaliyath <babu.chaliyath@gmail.com> wrote:

Ooops sorry for the goof up with SMP, yes its my mistake as I was
selecting wrong option I did try to boot with smp but no use, Did a
verbose booting with your suggested option set in the boot loader set
hint.ehci.0.disabled="1"  but I am still stuck at the same issue of
usb keyboard going dead with following last lines of the verbose boot
process when booting from CD

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> [tentative] at port 0x60, 0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> [tentative] flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0

Tried changing usb ports but no luck

OK, try instead setting hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration to 1 from the loader prompt: