Re: VFS Quota project

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:35:23 +0200

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:58:52AM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> The only major issue I've found so far is with nullfs mounts: from the virtual

There's an other one with the root volume

The root mount code has many differences with the normal mount path. Among them,
it does not initialize the namecache subsystem.
This is done later, by a call to vfs_cache_setroot() in start_init().

This is fine when all file operations are done by regular userland programs,
but the vfs accounting code tries to create files to store its data
permanently immediatly after a filesystem is mounted. Without correct
namecache information, this leads to a crash on boot.

To prevent this, VFS accounting is not enabled for / .

--
Francois Tigeot