Re: Want to learn about DF kernel

From: Matthias Rampke <matthias@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:12:59 +0200

On Sep 21, 2011 1:27 PM, <elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Should
> virtualbox be sufficient to install DragonFly in?

In general, recent 4.x versions of VirtualBox worked fine (on an OS X host) with DFly, BUT: the USB part of VirtualBox works … intermittently, in my experience, with any guest OSs. This might be OS X host specific, but I need many attempts and the right direction of wind to attach a USB stick to the guest, not the host.

I don't exactly know if QEMU has USB support, but it may be worth a try if VirtualBox acts up. Generally speaking, QEMU tries less hard to be "clever" in integrating with the host, at the cost of performance.

Good luck!
matthiasr