Google Code-In: interested?

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:19:39 -0400

Google is holding their Code-In again, and we can apply to participate.  (Deadline Nov. 1st.)

Google Code-In is a program for 13-to-17-year-old students to take on smaller tasks for Open Source projects.  It's like Google Summer of Code, but scaled down for the age range.

http://code.google.com/gci

Before I apply for this, I want to check: who wants to participate?  Participation is a bit easier than in Summer of Code - the tasks are smaller, and you aren't mentoring a specific student.  Just coming up with ideas is helpful.

I just want to know who is interested; it's not an ironclad guarantee you must participate.