Re: GSOC project

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:12:42 -0400

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM, John Marino <dragonflybsd@marino.st> wrote:

> As far as primary goals, if the code isn't usable at the end of the Summer
> or at least if there's not a viable plan to get the code suitable for commit
> in the post-GSOC phase, then the project was not a success (in my opinion).

We have had successful project that were not meant for inclusion into
DragonFly - I think there was a networking one our first year, for
instance.  I only bring this stuff up because we can end up with tasks
that are based more around what features people want to see in
DragonFly, rather than what tasks are appropriate for college students
to tackle in a summer session.  Imagine a Venn diagram with only some
overlap.

It's a minor point, and I'm sorta wandering away from the topic, so
this distinction may not really be worth pursuing farther than this.