Re: Fwd: Status of usb4bsd and dports

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:46:19 +0200

On 4/3/2013 14:34, Petr Janda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is usb4bsd going to be made default for this release?
>
> I'm asking people who are currently using it, has it been stable for you?
>
> Is KDE4(which I use on FBSD) fully working when compiled from dports?

I believe usb4bsd will not be made default for the release (still
relatively immature), and the dports are currently built as if it's not
available.

KDE 4.9.5 does build and seems to work fine EXCEPT the shutdown/logoff
feature is not working because of a polkit problem:

see here: https://github.com/jrmarino/DPorts/issues/26

If you can figure out what polkits problem is, I'm sure many people
would be grateful.  I haven't had time to look at it myself.  I'm also
going to try to build KDE 4.10 today.

John