[GSOC] capsicum week2 report

From: Joris GIOVANNANGELI <joris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:08:52 +0200

Hi,

this week, i've implemented the process descriptor API from FreeBSD.
There is still some testing to be done, since i've not been able to
build the libc, and i need to rebase my work. I have patched to
implement stats, and kqfilter for the process descriptor type, but i've
yet to clean them up. The main patch can be found on my github repo :
[1].  This is a stripped version which build without my others capsicum
patches, but you can still notice some capsicum code in the API, and
constant in the header. I initially planned to port the FreeBSD  code to
dragonfly, but I honestly don't understand their code. Which seems
overcomplicated to me. I ended up rewritting everything from scratch.
I've start a port of their unit-test to the dragonfly test framework,
which will help me to test the compatibility of the semantic. Any
comment welcome !

Thanks, Joris.

[1] :
https://github.com/jorisgio/DragonFlyBSD/commit/9ec8ed6d31e055b2dccd9683a0c6c8799b718a76