Re: [GSOC] capsicum week6 report

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:11:04 +0400

--047d7b5d57c816901904e2a13241

Awesome man :-)

Keep it up !

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.

--047d7b5d57c816901904e2a13241

29, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Joris Giovannangeli <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:joris@giovannangeli.fr"; target=3D"_blank">joris@giovannangeli.fr</a>=
&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi,<br>
this week I&#39;ve been stabilizing my work a bit more. The implementation<=
br>
is still rough but &quot;functionnal&quot;. I&#39;ve finished the capabilit=
y mode by<br>
modifying the sycall path and the syscall table to check if a syscall is<br=

allowed in capability mode and return ECAPMODE if not. I&#39;ve converted<b=
r>
most of the holdfp calls to check capability rights, but there is still<br>
some calls I must read more carefully to find which rights they need.<br>
I&#39;ve made the nlookup path return ECAPMODE when doing a non-relative<br=

lookup. For now, the code is not perfect because i can leak information<br>
from outside the sandbox. Indeed, if an early error is returned, I don&#39;=
t<br>
check if the current namecache entry is still in sandbox and return the<br>
error (EEXIST, ENOENT, etc). This is a bug. I&#39;ve been trying to modify<=
br>
this behaviour, but for now, it&#39;s completely broken.<br>
To test the work, i&#39;ve ported the capsicum-enabled bzip2 a student has<=
br>
done for FreeBSD during gsoc :<br>
blank">https://svnweb.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2013/dpl/head/</a> . I&#39;ve r=
un it on a<br>
vkernel, and it can compress and decompress files w/o troubles.<br>
Joris<br>
r><div dir=3D"ltr"><div style=3D"text-align:left">This message is strictly =
personal and the opinions expressed do not represent those of my employers,=
 either past or present.</div>

--047d7b5d57c816901904e2a13241--