Re: syscall separation part 5a

To: "David P. Reese, Jr." <daver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:19:48 +0100

David P. Reese, Jr. wrote:

This is a replacement for the previous patch that makes kern_{send,recv}msg()
operate on struct uio's instead of struct msghdr's.  This is what I believe
to be the last step required before removing stackgap allocations in the
linux socket code.

http://gomerbud.com/daver/patches/dragonfly/syscall-separation-5a.diff

I'd like to commit this tomorrow night.

Looks pretty cool David! Thanks!

	Also, you might wanna look at a Linux related PR from the
	FreeBSD GNATS database.  It adds three new linux emulated
	syscalls, but because it uses the stackgap() stuff, I thought
	I would pass it on to you, if you don't mind 8-) :

	a] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/55835

	   This PR is for addressing the issue with the SETALL
	   Linux system call.

b] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/45785

	   This PR adds two/three new Linux system calls, IIRC,
	   it is linux_mmap2(), linux_ftruncat64() and
	   linux_truncat64().

Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya