if_de misses name

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:43:09 +0100

I just noticed that if_de attaches an iface without name:

# ifconfig
: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ether 00:03:ff:f1:7a:7a
        media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
        status: active

# ifconfig de0 inet 10.1.2.3
ifconfig: interface de0 does not exist
# ifconfig '' inet 10.1.2.3
#

well, hm :)

joerg kindly provided a simple patch, see slightly modified version attached

cheers
  simon

ps: BTW, don't we have iface renaming now? Do userland tools exist for that purpose?

--
/"\   h

ttp://corecode.ath.cx/#donate
\ /