Re: IRC channel listing

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:51:09 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I don't think IRC should be mentioned at all. If we are just a little cranky one
:day that might scare of several users. They should anyway learn to read for then
:self and use the mailing lists. Both those options are a lot better than IRC. I
:think we all know how heated things might get.
:
:-- :Eirik Nygaard
:eirikn@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree. IRC should not be mentioned, or only mentioned in passing.

If we wanted to support irc officially I suppose we could setup our own
irc server.

	Please keep IRC as an un-offical forum for discussion; we don't
	want it to cloud people's minds with misinformation and
	misdirection.  Yes, that means not adding anything to do with
	IRC on the web site.

-Hiten