Re: RFC: purging old perl-5.005_03 from base

From: Ade Lovett <dflybsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:48:17 -0700

On Aug 02, 2004, at 10:45, Eirik Nygaard wrote:
This is already mostly done, hmp has ported sockstat (which should be the last
application that requires perl in our base), so I think we all are almost
holding our breath for him to actually commit it. :) So when his sockstat port
is commit we will probably remove perl as soon as possible, that is at least my
wish. If you find any other tools that needs to be converted from perl please do
so and post your patches here.

Oh, cool. I was browsing the archives and didn't see too much in the way of talk about removing old-crufty-perl, so I was assuming that it was "on the back burner" so to speak.

Since this appears to be not the case, I'll watch for remove-perl related updates, and poke my big nose in when relevant :)

Cheers,
	-aDe