proposed addition for sys/raid/ips (ServeRaid) driver in order to support latest 6M cards from Adaptec

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 07:54:34 +0200

Dont know how to make patches for this (yet) so I will just explain the solution. Latest batch of ServeRaid cards are now Adaptec made and have new vendor and device id. I have one such beast here - ServeRaid 6M with 256MB on board. FreeBSD 5.3 recognizes as 6M (marco). Anyway, the trick to make these cards work under FreeBSD 5.2.1 was just to add recognition of vendor 9005 and device 250 and they work under plain old ips driver.

dfly installer cd prints this:
pci5: <unknown card> (vendor=0x9005, dev=0x0250) at 8.0 irq 10

Thanks!

Tomaž