Re: make upgrade and DESTDIR (Re: ln -> ${LN} conversion)

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:23:27 +0200

On 08.07.2005, at 05:56, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
attached patch converts all ln commands in makefiles to ${LN}. this
takes us one step further to a installworld which registers installed
files (which in turn will allow us to clean out stale files much more
easily). please test and comment.
(sorry, I couldn't comment on this before the commit)
When you're installing from an older system(-RELEASE, for example)
using DESTDIR, `make upgrade' fails because it uses older <sys.mk> in
the installing system, rather than from the source tree or from
$DESTDIR/share/mk.  If I specify the share/mk in the source tree using
MAKEFLAGS, it seems to work fine.

shouldn't make upgrade be run *after* installworld? (ah, the comment also states "post-installworld"). not sure if we should introduce a hack then.

cheers
  simon

Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /