Re: nfe(4) for nVidia GigE

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:05:41 +0800

On 8/21/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:On 7/25/06, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: :> Hi all, :> :> I have ported nfe(4) from OpenBSD, which supports various nVidia GigE :> and is open source: :> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/nfe.tbz :> : :I have updated it, and will commit this updated version next week, if :no objection comes. : :Please review/test it. : :Best Regards, :sephe : :-- :Live Free or Die

    Oooh.  Very nice.  And I happen to have test boxes with nVidia chipsets
    that the driver recognizes!

    I got an assertion when I tried to ifconfig it up.  I think the issue
    is simply that the serializer has already been acquired when nfe_jalloc()
    or nfe_jfree() are called (since you also specified it when you
    installed the interrupt vector).  If I remove the serializer calls
    from those two routines I can ifconfig it up.

I have added additional serializer to protect jubmo buffer pool, please refetch and test it again

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die