Re: em(4) Rx and Tx descriptors

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:14:54 +0800

On 4/12/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

:Not wrong, but corrected according to hardware capabilities ;). But you have :to know the code to have this knowledge. : :And even in this case if there is silence in dmesg regarding Rx and Tx :descriptors, success isn't the only option. You might make typo while :editing loader.conf for example. : :regards, : :-- :Hasso Tepper

    Was there a resolution to this?  Do we want to still add the additional
    verbosity as per the patch or would it be easier to just change the
    device printf to be a little more verbose ?

I have no objection to add two read only sysctl nodes; It may be better than parsing dmesg if certain program needs those values. If Matt thinks it is OK too, I will commit it.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die