LAST CALL FOR TEST: Re: Suggestion: Removal of BIND from base / Import alternative DNS Library ldns / import dig replacement drill

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:16:12 +0200

Jan Lentfer schrieb:
Dear all,

I have lately been busy working on ripping BIND out from contrib and base. I entirely remove BIND from contrib/ and moved the necessary files for libresolv into lib/libc so libc still builds and works.
[...]

I have rebased my work on the latest master.
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~lentferj/dragonfly.git

It will take some time for me to document the upgrade path to BIND from pkgsrc for those people actually running a BIND based Nameserver. When I am finished with that and noone strongly objects in the meantime I will issue a "HEADS UP" on users@ and kernel@ and push it in.

So, take your chance and test :-)

Jan