DragonFly BSD
DragonFly test List (threaded) for 2003-07

Re: I think there's an error in the webpage

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:43:28 -0700 (PDT)

   I tried using a news://... URL during my own testing but Mozilla insisted
   on going to a central news site rather then my nntp server.  Maybe I
   didn't specify the URL right, I dnuno.  But nntp:// seemed to do the
   right thing.

   News support is typically not comprehensive across all browsers.  I don't
   think IE supports it any more, for example.  At some point this week,
   today or tomorrow, I'll have a web access working for the groups so casual
   lurkers don't have to mess around with newsgroups or mailing lists.

					Matthew Dillon

:On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:54:36 -0600, Sujan Gautam <sujangATmyrealboxDOTcom>
:> When I click nntp://nntp.dragonflybsd.org/ on the webpage , outlook
:> express
:> gives errors but if I change it to news://nntp.dragonflybsd.org/,  It
:> works
:> fine. Maybe this is just an outlook express problem but anyway, just
:> wanted
:> to let you know.
:No problem with here, I am using Opera7's M2 client. I am still figuring
:how I can pull the old messages again, because I accident deleted them.
:> -Sujan Gautam
:Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/