Re: Is there a way to install DragonFly via network (w/o CD) ?

From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:00:04 -0400

13da7$0$744$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <93436047-1F93-11D9-B774-000A95B5756A@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <41715542$0$746$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here is the file that we are using:

# /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf
ddns-update-style none;

filename "/boot/pxeboot";
option routers;

class "pxeboot-class" {
     match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) =

class "etherboot-class" {
     match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) =

subnet netmask {
     pool {
         allow members of "pxeboot-class";
         allow members of "etherboot-class";
         option subnet-mask;
         option broadcast-address;
         filename "/boot/pxeboot";
         option root-path "";

I should point out that the remote boot services are not started unless
the user logs in as installer and selects the "Start NetBoot
Installation Services" menu item.   Afterwards the system gives a brief
description of what this option is and then proceeds to ask which
interface they would like to set these services up on.