Re: firewalls

To: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Cullen <mark.cullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:46:15 +0100

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 20.10.2004, at 19:46, Mark Cullen wrote:

I'm going to install it on a spare machine and see if I can set it up how my home server is running now. Another quickie (this one does matter somewhat though) .. it seems you're using IPFW2, is the plan to keep this around or are you going to be 'migrating' to pf or something? I like IPFW2 :)

i think the ultimate goal is to convert all firewalls to pfil, maybe even ditching all but one (IIRC Matt said something like that), but those ditched would certainly be available as packages. But it's a long way till then, so don't expect any big change in the next half year or so.

cheers
   simon

Alight. It just took me long enough to learn the basic ins and outs of IPFW/2 and I have it set up and working nicely on FreeBSD that's all. Just so long as it'll still be about for a good while, I likely won't have the motivation to move to something new for quite a long time!

Thanks!

--
Internet Explorer? Try FireFox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Outlook Express? Try ThunderBird at http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/