Re: firewalls

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:22:55 -0700 (PDT)

:Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
:> particularly /etc/rc.firewall, which is where I have my ipfw rules.  Perhaps
:> this is not the correct location for custom rules, but I haven't found a
:> different place to put them.
:You can specify the location of your custom rules file in
:firewall_script in /etc/rc.conf. Like:

    Right.  Or more complete, something like this in /etc/rc.conf:

    If you want to run your own rc.firewall script rather then just loading
    a set of rules you can actually override that in your /etc/rc.conf as
    well by specifying:

    Nobody should be messing with the rc.* scripts themselves (other
    then /etc/rc.conf and /etc/rc.local of course).  That is why make
    upgrade overwrites them.