Re: Wanting to help

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:57:04 -0800 (PST)

:Hello,
:I enjoy the spirit of this BSD project and I'd like to help out. I've
:been using unix for over 5 years, but to be perfectly honest I really
:don't know most of the nuances of the operating system (I compiled my
:first kernel like 6 month ago). That having been said, I'm in my last
:year of a computer science major and know c++ and java fairly well. Is
:there some part of DFBSD I could help out with that isn't terribly
:challenging so I can get a feel for how this process works?
:
:Thanks,
:PJ

    That's always a hard question for me to answer.  The real answer
    is whether there is any particular aspect of DragonFly that you
    have an interest in improving :-).  Most of the code is in straight
    C but there are a ton of things any senior year CS major would find
    interesting in a production system like this.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>