Re: Heads Up: OpenNTPD

From: Oliver Fromme <olli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Nov 2004 12:01:22 GMT

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > [...]
 > I haven't decided yet, if we should keep the support programs in the base
 > tree. ntptrace might be useful, but the others I don't think so. The full
 > ntp distribution is always available via ports.

Personally, I think that ntpq is much more useful than
ntptrace.  I use "ntpq -p" a lot to diagnose problems,
but almost never use ntptrace.  (The output from ntp-
trace doesn't really contain much information useful
for debugging.)

Just my 2 Eurocents.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)