Re: checkpointing dumps core

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:12:27 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Hi,
:
:I tried checkpointing a simple program, but without success.
:I am using the latest stable DragonFly from 15 November 2004.
:
:The program, I tried, was:
:
: int main(int argc, char** argv) {
: int i = 0;
: while (1==1) {
: printf("iteration: %d\n", i);
: i += 1;
: }
: }
:
:But it dumps core when I try to run the checkpoint (creating the :checkpoint works).
:
:Any hints?
:
:Regards,
:
: Michael
That's odd. It seems to work for me. I tried it on both stable and
HEAD. Make sure that stty -a reports the check point key as being ^E
(ckpt in the cchars section) and that you have loaded the checkpoint module.

Yes, ckpt is ^E in stty -a.

I restart the checkpoint with:

checkpt -r test.ckpt

This gives me on the console:

headers section:
entry type:   4
file offset:  340
virt address: 0
file size:    448
memory size:  0

entry type:   1
file offset:  4096
virt address: 0x8049000
file size:    4096
memory size:  4096

entry type:   1
file offset:  8192
virt address: 0x804a000
file size:    8192
memory size:  8192

entry type:   1
file offset:  16384
virt address: 0x2805b000
file size:    4096
memory size:  4096

entry type:   1
file offset:  20480
virt address: 0x2805c000
file size:    12288
memory size:  12288

entry type:   1
file offset:  32768
virt address: 0x2805f000
file size:    32768
memory size:  32768

entry type:   1
file offset:  65536
virt address: 0x280e8000
file size:    20480
memory size:  20480

entry type:   1
file offset:  86016
virt address: 0x280ed000
file size:    77824
memory size:  77824

entry type:   1
file offset:  163840
virt address: 0xbfbe0000
file size:    131072
memory size:  131072

and then checkpt dumps core (segmentation fault).

BTW, "checkpt" should print "checkpt -r file.ckpt" instead of "checkpt file.ckpt", shouldn't it?

Regards,

Michael