STABLE TAG to be synchronized with HEAD this afternoon!

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:52:00 -0800 (PST)

    Hello everyone.  I've gotten side tracked (but we've fixed many other
    little niggling issues so it isn't a bad thing)... but it means that
    unionfs and nullfs do not yet work in HEAD.

    However, at this point in time HEAD is a lot more stable then Stable
    and there were a few fairly critical fixes that we couldn't slip the
    Stable tag for because it overlapped the VFS work in HEAD.

    So, despite unionfs and nullfs being in a non-working state, I have
    decided to synchronize the stable tag to HEAD so everyone is operating
    on the same page again.

    Those people who use unionfs or nullfs or have those options enabled
    in your kernel configs will have to carefully not update your kernels
    for the next ~2 weeks or so, until I get them done.  Everyone else should
    be in much better shape with the new Stable, though.

    Also note that (after the tag is slipped), and generally speaking due to
    the newly added sys_checkpoint() system call in HEAD, a full buildkernel
    and buildworld is going to be necessary.

    I will slip the tags around 3:00p.m. PST (-0800) today 23 Nov 2004.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>