Re: dragonfly livecd

To: adrian <fu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:33:19 -0500

Hello Adrian!

The DragonFly Installer is actively maintained by a number of people. For more information, please visit http://www.bsdinstaller.org.

We generally are idling in #dfinstaller on EFNet if you would like to talk to us in person.

adrian wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:

    Also note that our installer is in fact a customization of the base
    live CD.  If you look at /usr/src/nrelease/Makefile you will note
    that the installer is built like this:

            ${INSTALLER_ENV} ${MAKE} release

    e.g. the installer target just makes the normal release target with
    EXTRA_PACKAGES and EXTRA_ROOTSKELS to specify the additional packages
    and the root filesystem override directory.  The installer's skeleton
    root filesystem override is in /usr/src/nrelease/installer.

It's definitely a few coasters but once you've played with it for a while
building a customized ISO is *really* easy.

I really like the installer , there are a couple bells and whistles I would like to add , or help add , who is currently maintaining it/ working on it ?
I`ve done a couple one off hacked up one off installers for various deployments of BSD and Linux. so I`ve already made some of the good mistakes. I have hundreds of coasters.