Re: Estimated release time of version 1.1?

From: Todd Willey <xtoddx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:24:16 +0000

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:24:17 +0100, Weapon of Mass Deduction
<blacklist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Weapon of Mass Deduction wrote:
>

> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am constantly following the DragonFlyBSD developments, and eagre to
> > install the OS on my workstation. I prefer to use a (recent) RELEASE,
> > instead of updating 1.0 to STABLE.
> >
> > Of course, I understand exact dates will not be given, but isn't it
> > possible to estimate when the 1.1-release will be due?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > P.S.:
> > Of course I will try to help where I can, like donating money and
> > cleaning up code. :)
>
> Of all possible reactions, the last I'd expect is silence. :D
>
> So, anyone has a clue?

If you are interested in speeding up the release cycle, take a look at
GoBSD.com.  We have a preview release out that is much more recent
than the 1.0a DragonFly release, and have the goal of making quicker
releases and incorporating additional software into releases beyond
the base system, all done under community input and engineering.  It
would be great if you would become involved, or just share your
thoughts: http://www.gobsd.com/

-todd