Re: BSD library HOWTO?

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:14:46 +0100

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
Hi all,

I found some general guidelines in the Developer's Handbook, but is there a
more detailed HOWTO somewhere on setting up and using a library?  I'd like
to get the whole low-down on sonames, links to libraries, compiling versus
linking library names, and so on.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.

I'll try to get something on this written up in the C book.

http://www.sitetronics.com/dfwiki/index.php/C_Development_Under_DragonFly_BSD

It's still under heavy development (and will be for quite some time, as you can see from the extensive scope), but should cover most stuff in the future.

If there's anything that you find helps you learn about this very well in the meantime, or any particular way that you learn best, please PLEASE feel free to let me know (and do so! :))

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell