Re: Keyboard: Problems with German Umlauts: ä. ö, ü ...

From: "Dr. Christoph Hornung" <christoph.hornung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:53:11 +0100

hi,

it still does not work... I tried both:

M. Schatzl's document
DF-documentation

- I easily got the german "layout" (like German position of y and z keys)
- however, after playing about around with /.../keymaps/german.iso.kbd, it seems to me that only 7-bit characters are supported. When mapping 7-bit characters (like 'a', '<' etc on to the ü, Ü keys, everything works fine.

ok, that's the status - any suggestions?

kind regards

ch

Raphael Marmier wrote:
when I try kcon -m c2 , I get a segmentation fault. Same with kcon -m us

dragonfly# uname -a
DragonFly dragonfly.local 1.1-CURRENT DragonFly 1.1-CURRENT #0: Sun Dec 12 22:30:01 CET 2004 root@:/data/obj/usr/src/sys/IBMISTATION i386

Raphael

M. Schatzl wrote:

Dr. Christoph Hornung wrote:

I have installed DF with standard 103 german keyboard and 850 font (Western Europe). However, the german Umlauts don't work neither on console nor under X.

You could try http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~eserte/FreeBSD/doc/umlaute/umlaute.html

/Markus