Re: Misc. problems compiling ports - take2

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:58:20 -0800 (PST)

:Hello all,
:I installed a gcc34 snapshot of dragonfly last night and started playing
:around installing ports.
:Unfortunately I am not able to compile most of the ports I care about.
:I tried changing to gcc2 in /etc/make.com but that doesn't help.
:Below is the error messages I got.
:I don't speak C/C++ so I'm completely clueless with regards to
:compilation problems... is there something I can try to persuade this
:ports to compile?
:
:Thanks.

    There are going to be all sorts of problems using gcc-3.4 as a
    default.   The people we expect to do that are people we expect to
    work on the issue sand submit patches :-).  There are problems with
    ports even using gcc-2.x as a default, so if you are focused on
    getting a box working I recommend sticking with a gcc-2.x snapshot.

    That said, I'm not sure that your current problems are related to
    the gcc-2.x vs gcc-3.x snapshots.  It could simply be issues with
    the port.  You could try setting CCVER as an environment variable
    instead of in /etc/make.conf, but I do not know if that will make a
    difference.