Re: cdrom mount

From: Brian Reichert <reichert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:12:26 -0500

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:41:44AM +0100, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> for the record: appologies that for that wrong and misleading answer:
>
> it seems like you need to *own* the mount point. i can understand that this is
> confusing for first time users. should we change this behaviour or at least
> add a new feature so that users that have write access to the mount point
> (/cdrom etc) can use it? Thinking of it, this might also be a bad idea.

Would it be meaningful to have a 'mnt' directory in one's home
directory?

If unprivileged users have the means to mount volatile media, it's
presumed (by me) that they'd have the knowledge to maintain their
own mountpoints, or be making use of some automounter that would
do so.

Or have I, once again, missed the point? :)

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842