Re: why is sendmail the adopted mta?

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:12:28 +0100

Miguel Filipe wrote:
2) it has a lousy security track record
3) there are very good (superior) alternatives

Why not use postfix has the default mta?
1) its secure
Well security wise I would say I prefer sendmail, it has had more eyeballs then the others.

But perhaps license is also a issue, I don't know if the others have a bsd style licence?

On the other hand, nothing going to stop you to use another MTA (whatever color you like) so I don't realy see the problem with this.
Till this time sendmail is doing just fine for me and I would see no benefit/cost reason to rip it out for the favour of another MTA.

Perfomance wise I must say that I never had a problem with sendmails performance.