Re: Considering AMD64 laptop

From: Bryan Berch <dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:08:01 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Ended up with an HP tower with an AMD64 and DragonFlyBSD runs fine on it.

What model HP ?

Desktop HP Pavilion a530n Athlon64 3200+ (2GHz) Networking I can't answer, never done it. The 9-in-1 card reader will read my sans disks from my camara.

The main things to try are:

   * network
   * USB
   * firewire (if it has it)

If you remember the model number sfor the Gateway and Compaq
please post them so I can create an appropriate annotation
in the document I'm building.

Compaq R3306US

This is the one that wouldn't boot a normal iso and you did the one to get past the keyboard.
It would boot with that iso, but the laptop's keyboard would not work after boot. If a usb
keyboard was attached and then booted the usb keyboard would work, but could not get the
laptops keyboard to work even then.

Gateway 7422GX (AMD64 3400+) I hope to install this weekend as a dual boot till I am sure it
all works and I can learn enough to set-up a network.

Specs here: https://www.gateway.com/home/products/ret/ret_7422gx.shtml

Running the live cd

ifconfig recognizes:

Card reader reads Sans Disks from camara
USB cordless mouse works
Read and write to SanDisk USB cruzer mini

Has firewire, but not tested.

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Any more info needed I'll try to answer.