Re: flashing bios

From: Raphael Marmier <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:57:31 +0100

George Georgalis wrote:
I have a "fx83s032.bin" file that I need to run in dos to flash bios

Are you sure you need to run it?

I wouldn't be surprise if this fx83s032.bin file is just a boot disk image.

Plug in a floppy drive and try dd if=fx83s032.bin of=/dev/fd0a conv=sync

where fd0 might be fd0a, I'm not sure.

but first, read the instruction from the board vendor and especially the release note. Sometimes, there are no real usefull improvement in new bios release, so no reason to upgrade.

Raphael