Re: Slow first authentication

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:24:39 -0800 (PST)

:On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:34:53PM +0100, Jonas Trollvik wrote:
:: This is because of dns problems.
:: if you cant resolve it you can always put
:: "UseDNS no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
:: which most probably will remedy the problem
:
:With this option, I get the prompt, but then it takes 5-7 seconds to
:actually authenticate and give me a prompt.  So it seems the delay has
:simply been moved to later in the process.
:
:Jonathon

    It could just be sshd generating its internal authentication key for
    the handshake.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>