Re: Cannot compile samba

From: Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:02:44 +0100

Freddie Cash wrote:
On January 26, 2005 03:39 pm, walt wrote:

I could not find rmconfig, but I did find the appropriate file in
/var/db/ports/<portname>/options and if you delete that file you
should be able to configure the options when you re-compile the
port.

I wonder what happened to rmconfig?

It's a make target, not an executable.  As in:
  # cd /usr/ports/some/port
  # make rmconfig
  # make install clean

It's detailed in the ports(7) man page.

Thanks for the info, i was able to compile samab now :-) However, the rmconfig target is *not* mentioned in man ports(7)!

--Heinrich