Re: cvs commit: src/sys/netinet tcp.h

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:02:16 +0900

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 05:13:14PM -0800, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:
> Are you seeing a stall w/ the new MSS?

Yes.

> The most common case of this is a misconfiguration of the link MTU.
> If you're being a DSL line doing PPPoE, you should set your link MTU
> to 1492 instead of 1500.

The DragonFly box in question is in my office and talking to computers
in another office over an IPSEC tunnel, and I think the link MTU on the
routers talking IPSEC is already set as such.
With the new MSS, TCP sessions stall unless I reduce MTU of both boxes
(or reduce net.inet.tcp.mssdflt to a smaller value).