Re: another dragonfly drawing

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:58:46 +0100

Oke another one:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mhellwig/dfbm/sixTriangles.png

But this one is more like a logo, the idea behind it is that if we introduce a logo early enough we won't need a contest in the future ;-)

The logo itself has actually a story:
The triangle is reference to the trident of the BSD daemon.
The 4 corners of the parallelogram represent the number of the current more popular bsd's (DragonFly, Free, Net and Open).
The "missing" interior 2 triangles is a reference for the former 2 bsd's (net & free) or a reference to the 2 forks (DF and Open), your choice.

The total amount of tri(3)angles are 6 so I let you do the reference for this last one ;-)

The color green is used because red is so 20th century... and ofcource Fred has some green too, besides all other references are to BSD in general and so this one is used to brand it just for DF ;-)

--
mph