Re: Success Story

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:52:50 +0100

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 11:12:59AM -0600, Guillermo Garcia Rojas wrote:
> I cvsuped and "make buildworld" but something went wrong. Someone on IRC
> told me that crosscompiling was not supported anymore. So I would have to
> back-up, and reinstall from scratch.

That was Chris and he said that it doesn't work anymore.

> But, here becomes the success of this story: someone of the developers
> helped me, as others have did it in other time, and made a review of my
> "make buildworld" problem, and submit a patch (ls.c patch). Now I'm back
> on DragonFly :) This person told me to advice him if something bad cames
> up. Great!

That was me. Chris was right with his response and the problem is that
we (as in the developers) normally don't have to time to check if the
FreeBSD 4 build breaks or not. There are some changes which are known
to break compatibility and we currently work around them. It normally
just takes someone to hit the trouble and tell us :)

Joerg