Re: ipfilter on 1.1-CURRENT

From: Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:41:21 -0800

Janet Sullivan wrote:

With IPF complied into my kernel (today's sources), I get the following messages in my dmesg:

Enabling ipfilter.
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
IP Filter: already initialized
ioctl(SIOCIPFL6): Invalid argument

I'm guessing the SIOCIPFL6 error is because I don't have IPv6 complied in. Why the four already initialized messages though?

To answer my own question, the already initialized messages are a problem with /etc/rc.d/ipfilter. I'm going to look at the latest version of the file in FreeBSD and see how it works, it looks like they fixed the problem.

Perhaps some kind committer could look at revision 1.21.2.1 of ipfilter at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/ipfilter and bring it into DragonFly? It does solve the already initialized messages.